Philosophy/ Values Statement
The personnel of the Seward Police Department recognize that providing just police services will not accomplish our mission. To accomplish our mission, Seward Police employees are committed to philosophy or value statements as composed below.
We believe that our department personnel are paramount assets and strive for excellence and professionalism, and through interdependent partnership with our community of citizens; governmental officials and our agency we are developing and participating in proactive community based strategies making Seward safe, vital and a healthy community.
All members of the Seward Police Department are dedicated to providing the City of Seward Nebraska and all its residents and visitors with the highest level of law enforcement service possible. We will do so through the following means:
- By responding to calls for service with immediacy;
- By treating complaints, victims and suspects with respect, dignity and fairness;
- By always seeking to improve our training and expertise in law enforcement
- By being responsive to the needs of our visitors, the voice of our community, and the requirements of our governing body;
- By upholding the ethical standards of the Seward Police Department and the City of Seward, and;
- By never becoming complacent with respect to our mission, values and people we serve.