The mission of the Seward Police Department is to protect life and property and to maintain order within the City while assuring fair and respectful treatment of everyone.
Integrity: We will act honestly, truthfully and in a trustworthy manner at all times.
Respect: We will treat citizens, visitors and each other with respect and will perform our duties in a fair and equitable manner.
Leadership: We will provide leadership for the community by performing our duties in a progressive and innovative manner which sets the example for others to follow.
Service: We will provide supportive, professional services to the community and to fellow city employees.
Problem Solving: We will use sound, innovative problem-solving techniques. We will educate and work in partnership with the community to accomplish common goals.
Accountability: We will hold ourselves, and each other, accountable for the professional and high quality performance of our duties.
Pride: We are proud of our city. This pride is reflected in the energetic, positive manner in which we perform our duties as well as the contributions we provide to the community.
- To respond to calls for service with immediacy.
- To treat all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness.
- To continually seek to improve ourselves professionally.
- To uphold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- To never become complacent with respect to our mission, values or those we serve.